Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Fun!

Summer is such a fun time of year! The days are longer, the sun is warmer, the colors are brighter and there's a holiday each month! We've got one of my favourite holidays coming up next week - Canada Day. To me, July 1 is an opportunity to remember the wonderful things about our country and to appreciate all that we have in this beautiful nation. I proudly wear red & white to enjoy the festivities! And, with that holiday on my mind, I came up with a patriotic cupcake - the Red & White. It's a Red Velvet Cola cupcake with rich buttercream frosting, drizzled in a red raspberry sauce and sprinkled with red sprinkles. Oh, Canada!!



And, here's a twist on the Pink Lemonade cupcake - for those of you who aren't so into the pink! It's Green Limeade! This is a light & fluffy lime cupcake with lime frosting! A sprinkle of green and a lime candy finish it off. I suppose we could add a little sumthin-sumthin to this to make it a margarita cupcake ... whatever your heart desires!!

No comments:

Post a Comment